Carnival Sunshine Itinerary 2014-2015 Position
Information on Carnival Sunshine itinerary 2014-2015 changes (new itineraries from New Orleans and Port Canaveral). See the Carnival Sunshine location now (current position at sea). Here you will find a review of the new Carnival Sunshine cruise ship itinerary, maps, routes, ports of call and port times. New feature is the Sunshine cruise schedule (all departure dates from New Orleans LA/NOLA and Port Canaveral FL). Integrated with Carnival cruise ships itineraries (Sunshine, and the rest of the 24 “Carnival Fun Ships” in the fleet).
Carnival Sunshine itinerary map/ports
The CCL Sunshine cruise ship itself is a most exceptional event. The old Carnival Destiny ship (built 1996) was extensively refitted and refurbished in Europe (Italy) to become a brand new Carnival “Fun Ship” in 2013 under the sunny and shiny name “Carnival Sunshine”.
After a huge 7-month package of exclusively Mediterranean cruise itineraries (with departures from Venice and Barcelona), Sunshine was relocated from Europe to Caribbean. After the Transatlantic crossing, the Sunshine cruise ship sailing calendar offers 7-day Western and Eastern Caribbean (Florida-Bahamas) cruises departing from New Orleans. Since April 2014, Sunshine will be again relocated – this time changing her port of departure from NOLA to Port Canaveral (Orlando) Florida.
- New Orleans Louisiana
- Port Canaveral Florida.
List of destinations, countries and ports of call:
- Florida-Bahamas ports: Nassau (on New Providence Island), Freeport (on Grand Bahama Island), Florida (calling on Key West).
- Western Caribbean ports: Cayman Islands (Grand Cayman, stopping at George Town), Mexico (Cozumel), Jamaica (Montego Bay), Belize (Belize City), Honduras (stopping at Roatan Island, in Bay Islands).
- Eastern Caribbean ports: Puerto Rico (San Juan), Turks-Caicos Islands (Grand Turk), US Virgin Islands/USVI (stopping in Charlotte Amalie, on St Thomas), British Virgin Islands/BVI (Tortola), St Maarten/Martin.
- Southern Caribbean ports: Aruba (Oranjestad), Netherlands Antilles (Curacao, stopping in Willemstad).
Carnival Sunshine Itinerary 2014 New Orleans cruise schedule to Bahamas-Eastern-Western Caribbean
All Carnival Sunshine New Orleans cruise departures are at 4PM, arrivals are at 8AM.
|itineraries, maps||New Orleans cruise departure dates|
|7-day cruise from New Orleans to Jamaica (departing on Sunday) to [day 2 & 3 at sea], Jamaica (Montego Bay, day 4, 9AM-6PM), Grand Cayman (day 5, 7AM-4PM), Cozumel (day 6, 10AM-5PM), [day 7 at sea].||
|7-day cruise from New Orleans to Belize – (leaving on Sunday) to [day 2 & 3 at sea], Roatan (day 4, 8AM-6PM), Belize City (day 5, 8AM-5PM), Cozumel (day 6, 9AM-5PM), [day 7 at sea].||
|7-day cruise from New Orleans to Florida-Bahamas (leaving on Sunday) to [day 2 at sea], Key West (day 3, 8AM-4PM), Freeport (day 4, 8AM-5PM), Nassau (day 5, 7AM-5PM), [day 6 & 7 at sea].||
|(one-way, repositioning) 11-day New Orleans to Port Canaveral, to visit [day 2-3 at sea], Jamaica (Montego Bay), [day 5 at sea], Aruba, Curacao, [day 8 at sea], St Thomas, [day 10-11 at sea].||2014 - April 6.|
Carnival Sunshine Itinerary 2014 Port Canaveral cruise schedule to Bahamas-Caribbean
All Carnival Sunshine Port Canaveral cruise departures are at 4PM, arrivals are at 8AM.
|itineraries, maps||Port Canaveral cruise dates of departure|
|7-day Western Caribbean – from Port Canaveral (departing Saturday) to [day 2 at sea], Cozumel (day 3, 10AM-6PM), Belize (day 4, 8AM-6PM), Roatan (day 5, 9AM-6PM), Mexico (Costa Maya, on day 6, 7AM-2PM), [day 7 at sea].||
|8-day Eastern Caribbean – Port Canaveral (leaving on Saturday) to [day 2 at sea], Grand Turk (day 3, 7AM-2PM), St Thomas (day 4, 12-8PM), BVI (Tortola, day 5, 8AM-6PM), St Maarten (day 6, 8AM-4PM), [day 7 & 8 at sea].||
|8-day Southern Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral (leaving on Friday) to [day 2 & 3 at sea], Curacao (day 4, 2-10PM), Aruba (day 5, 8AM-4PM), [day 6 at sea], Grand Turk (day 7, 10AM-5PM), [day 8 at sea].||
Carnival Sunshine cruise ship information
- year built 1996 (as Carnival Destiny), total refit (2013, refurbished with Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades).
- cost to build: USD 410 million (as Destiny), USD 155 million (refit cost). MMSI 308017000, IMO 9070058.
- capacity: 3006 passengers, 1150 crew
- total number of cabins: 1503.
- weight 102,853 tons (1% heavier compared to ms Destiny), length 893 ft (272 m), speed 26mph (42kmh). More information at Carnival.COM (featuring a virtual ship tour).
- Best features & public spaces: 10 dining venues/restaurants/MDRs (“Universe”, “Galaxy”, “Tiffany’s”, “Fahrenheit 555″, “Ji Ji” (Asian), Bonsai Sushi, “BlueIguana Cantina”, “Cucina del Capitano”, “Guy’s Burger Joint”, Lido Marketplace (incl “The Comfort Kitchen”), bars (RedFrog Pub, RedFrog Rum, BlueIguana Tequila, EA SPORTS, Alchemy, The Library, Havana, JavaBlue), the Carnival’s first 3-deck-high Serenity retreat area, WaterWorks with the fleet’s first “Speedway Splash”, Cloud 9 Spa, Ocean Plaza, 7 Jacuzzis, 3 pools. For more information see Carnival Sunshine deck plans at CruiseShipDeckPlan.com.
Carnival Sunshine position tracker
In the event of loosing the Carnival Sunshine position on the map below, to track it again our “Sunshine cruise ship locator” page will need to be reloaded. The Carnival Sunshine current position AIS data is from the VesselFinder ship tracker.
You are welcomed to share the Carnival Sunshine itinerary information and the CCL Sunshine cruise ship tracker via our social buttons. We wish you only best prices, and always sunny and shiny Fun Ship Caribbean adventures on your excitingly new Sunshine cruise ship – the Carnival’s newest and brightest star!